What Information Do We Collect?
We collect various types of information depending upon how you use our site.
- When you order from us, we collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and credit card number (with expiration date) or gift card number. We also gather information on the person who will receive any gift you send (e.g., that person's name and address) and we will retain a record of your purchases. In addition, if you are a registered user and have signed in when you enter this information, it will automatically be saved for ease of reference.
- When you become a Century Hearing Aids registered user, we collect your name, mailing address, email address, birth date and password. This information is gathered to make your shopping experience as a registered user as quick and easy as possible. We also may ask for additional information (e.g., about your favorite brands and interests) so that we may offer services and promotions that may be of interest to you. However, you have the option not to provide it.
- When you enter sweepstakes or contest online, we usually collect your name, address, email address, and phone number. We also may ask you for additional information, such as your age, interests, product preferences, or zip code.
- When you submit a question to customer service, we need your email address to respond, and you also may provide us with various additional information to help us answer your question.
- We also may receive some information about you from other sources and may add it to your account information. For example, we might get your updated address from a shipper or information on your preferences from another Web site conducting a promotion or event with us.
- We may acquire customer lists from other parties so that we may invite new people to visit centuryhearingaids.com. Our policy is to acquire only lists of people who have indicated that they are willing to receive email offers. Also, each time we send an email offer, we provide people with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving future email offers.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including the following:
- To enhance your online shopping experience. For example, we may use it to recognize you and welcome you to the site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we send out emails and direct mail to our online and store customers about products or events that we think may be of interest to them. We also may send you offers for discounts or free services (e.g., free shipping) on our site or in our stores.
Do We Share Your Information?
The information gathered may be shared with third parties, including responsible companies with which we have a relationship. For example:
- When you make a purchase, we may share information about you and your transaction with other companies for the purpose of processing your transaction, including fraud prevention, vendor direct shipping and credit card authorization.
- For some of our products, centuryhearingaids.com may provide you with a link to the supplier of that product so that you may get further information. If you link to the supplier's site, the supplier may collect or receive information about you.
- Like other companies, centuryhearingaids.com may use third party advertising companies to serve ads (e.g., banners or links) on its behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is anonymous.
- In most of the above situations, these third parties will receive your information because you will be visiting their Web sites or using their links and, in doing so, you may provide information directly to them. You therefore should refer to their privacy policies to understand how they handle your information and what kinds of choices you have.
centuryhearingaids.com also may share your personal information with outside companies that perform services for centuryhearingaids.com. For example, we may retain an outside company to manage a database containing certain customer information or to create and distribute an email offering. In those situations, the outside party is performing work for centuryhearingaids.com, and centuryhearingaids.com takes appropriate steps designed to ensure your information is used only to provide the services requested by centuryhearingaids.com, and not for other purposes.
Additionally, centuryhearingaids.com may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law or to protect our interests or property. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents or government agencies in connection with issues related to fraud, credit or debt collection.
Finally, centuryhearingaids.com will never share your personal information with unrelated outside companies so that they can directly market their products or services.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
We provide you with a number of choices regarding our handling of your personal information.
To opt-out of email, you can click on the unsubscribe link and hit send at the bottom of any centuryhearingaids.com email communication.
Note: Once you have submitted your request you should assume that it has been successfully received and your request is being processed. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.