Hearing Aids on Glasses. 1. Can I wear hearing aids and glasses? 2. Are the hearing aids and glasses going to touch each other? 3. Are they going to interfere with each other? 4. is there room for both? 5. Will my glasses come off if I take off my hearing aids or Will my hearing aids come off if I take off my glasses?
1. Can I wear hearing aids and glasses? Answer: Yes. here is a guy wearing a Behind the Ear - (normally for folks with severe to profound hearing loss) below. These are normally larger hearing aid too.
Here is a young woman with a BTE also - she most likely has severe to profound hearing loss too.
2. Are the hearing aids and glasses going to touch each other? yes most likely. They are both sharing the same spot. Here is a young woman with a mini behind the ear hearing aid. This could be a RIC or Open Fit thin tube hearing aids. She wears thin rim glasses and yes they make room for each other. And she has a lot of hair covering the hearing aids.
3. Are the hearing aids and glasses going to interfere with each other? They should not as far as operation. Will this create feedback. Like what happens when you put your hand close to the microphone and the hearing aid squeals - no should not because your eye glasses are going to be flat to the side of your head.
4. Is there room for both hearing aids and glasses? Yes should be-as we age, we loose elasticity in our skin, and some folks ears grow larger. So yes there should be room for both.
5. Will my glasses come off if I take off my hearing aids or Will my hearing aids come off if I take off my glasses? Yes possible on both accounts. I have had customers tell me this has happened. Taking glasses off and hearing aids come off, Taking hearing aids off and glasses get jostled. Yes it may happen.
Hearing Aids and glasses. Its not a perfect situation and there are no perfect solutions right....we understand. I do know there were a few companies that manufactured hearing aids inside the glasses but I do not know if they are still in production